In the last couple of days I’ve had conversations with a couple of friends, who are also very accomplished coaches, about the power of story.
This came up because I’ve been very open lately about my story. About what is happening in my life, my business, and how exciting and sometimes scary it all is.
Words and instructions are understood on a logical level. Art and beauty stirs the emotions. But story touches us on a spiritual plane. It connects people deeply. It’s always been that way.
As I’ve become more open, my feminine spirit has soared. I’m seeing how marketing works on a spiritual level more clearly than I ever have before. My Highest Self is dancing with my Divine Masculine energy, and things are just falling into place.
When my children were small, I trained as a storyteller. I learned the craft of making and sharing a great story. I studied the power of story.
“Stories set the inner life into motion… Story greases the hoists and pulleys, it causes adrenaline to surge, shows us the way out, down, or up, and for our trouble, cuts for us fine wide doors in previously blank walls, openings that lead to the dreamland, that lead to love and, that lead us back to our own real lives…” Clarissa Pinkola Estes, Ph.D.; Women Who Run With the Wolves
When I’m telling a story about my life, I get to dissect my inner workings and parts. It’s a way to stop and observe both my stuck places and my achievements. I see where something didn’t work and can imagine how to make it work next time. I also celebrate what does work and share it with you.
When you tell your stories, people get to know you. The right people (those in your tribe) learn to like you. And once they know and like you, then they buy.
When I hear a great story, I’m always fascinated. I gave up reading fiction years ago, but love a good autobiography. “Why did they do that?” I think. Or “What a great lesson that is.”
This is the also the reason I listen to podcasts. I learn so much about life, success, failure and perseverance from listening to someone else’s personal story.
The fact is, I just love stories. Which is why I often end a blog post by asking you about your story.
Recently, I was asked to be a part of a tele-summit.
What I like about this event, is that everyone tells their story and shares business building tips. The lineup of entrepreneurs sounded so interesting that I happily joined. The conversation I had with Nancy Gallegos, the hostess, was awesome.
You can catch the entire tele-summit, called From Corporate to Coaching Success. FREE during the week of September 12th thru 18th. To learn more and register for your FREE spot today go to:
Topics will include:
- How to keep your online business legally legit.
- How to effectively use Facebook advertising to grow your business.
- The importance of self-care for coaching success.
- Discover the art of feminine marketing.
- How outsourcing to a virtual assistant can save you time and help you grow your business quickly.
- How to gain clarity on your vision.
- How to create a successful image.
- How to use storytelling in your marketing to magnetize your audience (even when you’re new).
- How to use online video to reach more people, make more money, and have a bigger impact.
- Web Design and Branding: Building your website that reflects who you are.
- How to create a success mindset.
- Create wealth with your dream business and impact the world.
- 5 Ways Your Personal Brand Generates Revenue
So, cool topics, cool people, AND some really awesome stories.